Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Grateful.

63 hours (and counting) without power. I've been through my fair share of hurricanes, and losing power has always been part of the deal. Thankfully, we have usable water, and that it's warm enough outside to suffer the occasional cold shower.
It makes me remember the folks that have been through ten times what we have this week. I remind myself that I have a house at which to lose power in the first place. I could go on and on about how bored I am, but in reality, I am so lucky. Tomorrow I will go back to work, power or not, and I am grateful.

1 comment:

  1. At my last appointment we were talking about the weather that weekend... and wondered if your clients would all cancel in fear of the weather... We went until Friday without power as well... and I tried to do what you did and be grateful, but there were moments... With school also getting going at the same time, I will rank it as one of my most stressful weeks ever!

    ReplyDelete