Tuesday, May 3, 2011

So, so far to go.


Today was yet another day off full of cleaning, trips to the hardware store, painting, yada yada yada.
I didn't realize how much there is to do. Here are some pics of the upstairs. Keep in mind, these are "before" pictures.
Weird closet thing on landing

My work space
Jess' room

Door to the 2nd floor

My room again

My room from the other side

My room's bench thingy
It's going to be awesome. Right now I'm in the middle of making curtains for Jess' room. I'm making them by hand (it reminds me how much faster things will go when I get a sewing machine!), but they're coming along nicely.
The day has been long and it seems like we haven't even made a dent, but we did find this print at Hobby Lobby for $7. The bathroom is not yellow, but a cream color. I don't know why the picture is so warm, but oh well.

4 comments:

  1. I am so in love with the doorway to your second floor.
    Is that the turquoise you were telling me about? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is! It's nice in small doses...
    I love the doors, too. We had thought about taking them down, but I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big fan of the doorway to the staircase too. Very classic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, I'm loving the print in the bathroom! I see why you've been so excited about getting the house to yourselves. Can't wait to see more of the process.

    ReplyDelete