Monday, March 21, 2011

Adventures at the ReStore


It's a beautiful day in Richmond City, and the sunny skies have me itching to paint. The only problem is with all the costs of renewing our lease by ourselves, that leaves little in the pocket to buy supplies. I've taken it upon myself to research some low cost options for decorating. Today my husband and I took our first trip to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore in Northside. It was pretty amazing. It's like a dusty candy store for anyone decorating or renovating on a budget. I was looking specifically for primer, and while I didn't find any (I'm pretty sure it was there, but the layout was pretty daunting, and I didn't know exactly what to look for.) I found some other things that will prove useful. There are piles of cans and buckets of paint, acoustic material, stain, and flooring adhesive. Aisles upon aisles of everything from cabinet doors to laminate flooring. I walked away with a small can of light blue paint (for the kitchen), two paint brushes, and a wax stick for scratched furniture. My total was $3.94. Not bad for a first trip. I would like to go back in the future for other things, but today was just a trial run.
photos courtesy of Richmondhabitat.org

No comments:

Post a Comment